Neolegal was founded following an observation: traditional access to justice is sometimes cruelly lacking in accessibility. Its cost, its slowness but also its complexity sometimes make it the worst enemy of the person who nevertheless has a real need in this area.
Today, the great Neolegal family continues to grow and continues over time. We cover most areas of law: criminal law, business law, civil law, family law, etc.
We contribute together to protect and guarantee the rights of our customers, all different, but so unique to us. We are at Neolegal, a big devoted family and what drives us is the interests of those who call on us.
If you recognize yourself in our story, now is the time to align your career with your values.
Are you passionate about family law and want to participate in the future of legal services, while joining a dynamic team? Neolegal is looking for a candidate with experience in family law, wishing to practice in a technological and non-traditional environment, without the need for representation before the courts, and with the ambition to develop the legal profession, while independently managing your own files.
As a Legal Advisor – Family Law at Neolegal, you will be responsible for the following functions: p>
· Provide remote advice and support to Neolegal clients in their family law matters, particularly regarding the amicable divorce procedure, child custody, alimony, etc. ;
· Draft, review and annotate legal documents, such as formal notices, joint or contested legal applications, pension determination forms and all documents related to family law files;
· Support Neolegal clients through the different stages of a family conflict, while ensuring that legal information is popularized;
· Carry out research mandates and legal opinions;
· Conduct negotiation mandates;
· Maximize the development of the company's internal processes;
· Member of the Quebec Bar for 3 to 5 years
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in family law
· Experience in youth law, adoption (an asset)
· Be a good listener and demonstrate empathy
· On the grounds that we serve an English-speaking clientele: Being bilingual orally and in writing (an asset)
· Be very comfortable with the use of technologies
· Be comfortable with responsibilities such as developing internal processes
· Ability to simply explain legal concepts to clients but also to colleagues with more IT expertise
· Excellent customer service and comfortable on the phone
· Competitive salary
· Group insurance, RRSP
· Respect for work/life balance
· Teleworking, Working in our offices, it’s up to you
· No timesheet to fill out
· 3 weeks of vacation
· Integration into a team promoting teamwork and mutual aid