Neolegal was founded following an observation: traditional access to justice is sometimes cruelly lacking in accessibility. Its cost, its slowness but also its complexity sometimes make it the worst enemy of the person who nevertheless has a real need in this area. Today, the large Neolegal family continues to grow and continues over time. We cover most areas of law: criminal law, business law, civil law, family law, etc. We contribute together to protect and guarantee the rights of our customers, all different, but so unique to us. We are at Neolegal, a big devoted family and what drives us is the interests of those who call on us. If you recognize yourself in our story, now is the time to align your career with your values.
Welcome to young graduates!
You are passionate about criminal law and want to participate in the future of legal services, while joining a team dynamic? Neolegal is looking for a candidate with experience in criminal law, wishing to practice in a technological and non-traditional environment, and with the ambition to develop the legal profession. Thanks to our file management tools reducing the administrative burden, the candidate will have the opportunity to concentrate on the legal aspect of files, and to establish personalized contact with customers.
As a criminal law lawyer at Neolegal, you will be responsible for the following functions:
· Manage criminal law files: call clients, negotiate with prosecutors, carry out checks with the SAAQ and the various courts;
· Draft various legal documents (settlement agreements, requests for postponement of hearings, withdrawals of judgment, stays, requests for restricted licenses, etc.);
· Carry out legal research;
· Preparing clients for trials and carrying out legal consultations;
· Make representations to the Court. (Ability to go to Court, AN ASSET)
· Be bilingual;
· Be very comfortable with the use of technologies;
· Member of the Quebec Bar for at least 6 months;
· Experience in criminal law;
· Ability to explain legal concepts simply;
· Have good interpersonal skills, excellent customer service and are comfortable on the telephone;
· Have a strong team spirit and the ability to collaborate;
· Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a vehicle.
· Teleworking possible 100%
· Group insurance
· Respect for work/life balance
· No timesheet to fill out
· 3 weeks of vacation from the start of employment
· Integration into a team promoting teamwork and mutual aid