(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-06As a Legal Affairs Technician, you will contribute to the legal protection of the organization’s interests by providing technical support for its rights and obligations in your field of expertise.Serving as a technical expert, you will provide technical legal support for your unit’s activities, mandates and processes, where you will be expected to adapt your approach to changing needs. You will carry out research as well as technical analyses of processes, information management and data processing activities.By tapping into your ability to make quality decisions, you will contribute to solving technical problems and to developing and improving work methods and procedures in order to optimize quality and efficiency.
More specifically, you will provide support primarily with regard to real estate matters. You will be called on to assist legal advisors in real estate and construction law matters.
- Prepare, analyze and draft legal files, or assist with these tasks.
- Carry out legal research and technical analyses, and act as the resource person for delivering solutions and action plans.
- Provide the technical know-how required for all sorts of work and projects as well as for operational problems encountered in your area of expertise.
- Support your unit’s legal resources in relation to their mandates and to their legal planning and coordination activities. Prepare or draft various reports, documents, summaries and technical notes.
- Conduct various follow-ups with the stakeholders concerned and move files forward according to the established process.
- Assist various stakeholders in applying processes and using tools and systems related to your unit’s activities and operations.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Property management experience (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Expert command of written and spoken French and advanced command of written and spoken English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Complexity, Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Resilient
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)