(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a Corporate Legal Technician, you will contribute to the legal protection of the organization’s interests by providing technical support for its rights and obligations. You will cover Corporate Administrative Assistance (including activities related to ethics and professional conduct, official corporate records, minutes, the Secretariat General and the annual general meeting). As a technical expert, you will provide technical legal support for your unit’s activities, mandates and processes, where you will be expected to adapt your approach to changing needs. You will carry out expert research and technical analysis of processes, information management and data processing activities.By tapping into your ability to make quality decisions, you will help solve technically complex problems, recommend changes or adjustments to work methods and procedures, and participate in their development to ensure optimum quality and efficiency.More specifically, you will provide support, primarily with regard to corporate matters. You will be called on to assist legal advisors on transactional, securities and corporate law matters.
- Carry out expert legal studies, research and technical analysis, and act as the resource person for delivering solutions and action plans
- Provide the technical know-how required for all sorts of work and projects as well as for complex operational problems encountered in your area of expertise.
- Support your unit’s legal resources in relation to their mandates and to their legal planning and coordination activities. Prepare and draft various reports, documents, summaries and technical notes
- Follow up with the stakeholders concerned, ensure that the follow up required by various bodies is carried out, and move files forward in the established decision-making process
- Assist various stakeholders in the application of standards and processes and the use of tools and systems related to your unit’s activities and operations
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- College Diploma in law
- Years of relevant experience
- Experience in supporting decision-making bodies (an asset), experience acquired with regulatory bodies and/or reporting issuers (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Situational adaptability
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)