(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a legal affairs technician, you help protect the organization’s legal interests by providing technical support to make sure that its rights are protected and obligations are met. You may be responsible for one or more sub-specialties, such as contested matters and the Office of the Corporate Secretary (ethics and professional conduct, official registries, meeting minutes, the general meeting, etc.).You serve as technical expert and provide discipline-specific support for your unit’s activities, initiatives and processes. The ability to tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential. You research and analyze processes, information management and data processing.You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve technically complex problems and recommend ways to change or adjust methods and procedures to make them as effective and efficient as possible.
General Information on the Position
- Produce and file reports, notices and other documents required by securities regulators.
- Perform various administrative and secretarial duties, such as editing, document layout, document management, and linguistic revision of legal documents.
- Conduct legal research.
- Monitor securities legislation and regulations.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Diploma of Collegial Studies in Legal Technique
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Situational adaptability
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)