(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior advisor, you provide legal support to the operational teams reporting to the Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention Division.You serve as a specialist advisor and subject matter expert on financial crime, as well as a resource person and coach for operational teams and decision-making bodies.You make recommendations regarding complex operational files that require legal and in-depth expertise in financial crime, as well as a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the business sector concerned and the organization. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You help design, deploy and operationalize the compliance framework and enforce related rules.
- Lead operational activities, initiatives and development activities specific to your area of expertise and whose scope and impact are significant and may be felt across Desjardins Group.
- Advise and assist the Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention teams to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor operational projects and initiatives under your responsibility.
- Identify and analyze major problems and issues.
- Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the teams involved.
- Develop and update knowledge based on the expectations of your unit and the managers involved.
- Represent your unit when working with other Desjardins Group Security Office teams on operational files.
- Represent Desjardins Group's position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 2
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of relevant experience
- Experience in financial crime
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certifed Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy
450, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)