(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As Senior Advisor, U.S. and Foreign Regulatory Compliance, you help design, institute and coordinate the compliance framework and enforce related rules. You help ensure that measures, such as officer and employee behaviour toward third parties, adhere to Desjardins Group's standards. You play a leadership role when working with stakeholders on development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require in-depth and extensive knowledge of your line of work.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you interact with a large number of stakeholders working in a variety of fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as a specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as a resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
General Information on the Position
- Lead specialized development projects, initiatives and activities that significantly impact the entire organization.
- Design, develop, implement and monitor complex action plans, programs certified as qualified intermediary (QI) for audits by the U.S. tax authorities (IRS), solutions and tools that require in-depth expertise in legal and regulatory compliance to ensure consistency and balance between business needs and adherence to requirements and best practices.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze major problems and issues. Develop diagnostics and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit's strategic projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that regulatory compliance programs are communicated to internal stakeholders to promote a culture of ethics and compliance.
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins Group's position when reaching agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Currently on a regular telework basis due to the pandemic. After, Lévis or Montreal according to the selected candidate's preference. Telework terms to be reassessed at a later date.
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience in U.S. taxation or regulations (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of securities (an asset)
- Proficient speaker, complete proficiency in English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)