(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a product owner, financial crime prevention, you represent the Innovation and Projects, Financial Crime Prevention Department. You demonstrate an expert grasp of the vision of your scope and ensure that initiatives are prioritized according to the established roadmaps, in collaboration with business partners. You verify that initiatives delivered meet both business needs and regulatory requirements. As a senior advisor, legal and regulatory compliance, you help design, implement and coordinate the compliance framework and enforce related rules.You work closely with the project sponsor and financial crime prevention squads to ensure that the solution meets user needs and the project's expected benefits are delivered. You manage relationships with the project's various stakeholders.You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic projects and initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic priorities and business positions. Your projects require extensive knowledge of your field.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
General Information on the Position
- Lead major development projects, mandates and activities specific to your area of expertise and whose scope and impact are significant for Desjardins Group as a whole.
- Identify, develop and recommend legal and regulatory compliance strategic directions to balance business needs, requirements and best practices.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze problems. Raise any major issues. Develop diagnostics and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit's strategic projects and initiatives.
- Offer legal and regulatory compliance programs to internal employees to promote our culture of ethics and compliance.
- Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working conditions
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on April, 07, 2023
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of financial crime and tax evasion prevention
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation
- Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) certification
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
400, boul. de Maisonneuve Ouest Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)