Our client, a reputable law firm, is currently looking for a legal assistant to complement its commercial law team.
- Assist lawyers and partners on a daily basis by providing them with unparalleled administrative and legal work;
- Plan and organize work according to schedules;
- Draft, correct and seize the various documents related to the legal sector concerned;
- Manage the correspondence and agenda of lawyers and partners in addition to organizing client and other meetings;
- Review and correct texts, agreements and various communications;
- Perform the transcription of dictations;
- Ensure the opening of files, follow up on ongoing files and gather relevant information;
- Ensure the preparation of mandate letters;
- Prepare invoicing and follow up on receivables;
- Carry out follow-ups for the various requests of customers;
- Communicate with clients when necessary;
- Prepare documents related to time entries.
- Have completed post-secondary studies (DEP, AEC or DEC) in legal secretarial work or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of five years of experience as a legal assistant, preferably in a large firm;
- Possess an excellent knowledge of French and English grammar;
- Be bilingual French/ English;
- Master the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and PowerPoint, in addition to showing an interest in learning new software;
- Have a strong concern for customer service;
- Be proactive, efficient, organized and thorough;
- Have a good sense of work organization and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate autonomy and good speed of execution while ensuring the quality of the work;
- Possess the ability to work under pressure.
You have what it takes, you need change, you know what to do, it's up to you!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.