Under the supervision of the Director of Human and Physical Resources, the Legal Assistant is responsible for assisting the professional in the management of his files on a daily basis. In this capacity, he manages several files at the same time while maintaining an efficient and rigorous filing system. Customer-oriented, he is often an indispensable point of contact and makes sure to respond to clients in an efficient and professional manner. He assumes the administrative management of the file as well as all other related tasks within his competence.
· Participate in the management of the agenda in collaboration with the professional;
· Maintenance of file and information filing systems;
· Follow-up of files (eg checking and updating the list of reminders, followed up to clients).
· Preparing and sending written communication;
· Telephone conversation with clients and stakeholders;
· Coordinates meetings and conferences.
Work on files (40%)
· Prepare the terms of reference and the information sheet for opening the file;
· Opening and closing of files;
· Data Entries;
· Searches in the Land Registry, RDPRM, Enterprise Registrar, plumitif, etc .;
· Printing minute books;
· Make photocopies;
· Print invoice projects;
· Enter texts dictated by professionals from the dictaphone;
· Correction and formatting of documentation (if not legal);
· Preparation of clutches (adjustments, printing and assembly of documentation);
· Transmission of documents and minutes book;
· Keeping computer and print records.
Administrative tasks (5%)
· Perform professional expense reports;
· Editing, printing and conference assembly;
· Order meals / caterers for meetings.
· Demonstrate rigor, organizational skills;
· Work with method and autonomy;
· Demonstrated teamwork skills;
· Sense of initiative.
· Demonstrates great concentration, performs many different tasks at once;
· Has a keen sense of observation;
· Ability to interpret different administrative documents;
· Ability to handle information with tact, diplomacy and discretion;
· Able to meet strict deadlines and requirements;
· Willingness to learn and adapt in a changing environment and desire to develop new skills.
· Proficiency in oral and written French;
· Functional knowledge of English: oral, written, reading;
· Mastery of the Office Suite;
· Knowledge of JurisEvolution an asset;
· Experience in the legal field an asset.