(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08As a Legal Assistance Analyst, you will provide telephone support and assistance to clients for various legal issues.You will provide telephone support and assistance to clients in the interpretation and application of laws, regulations, standards, policies and guidelines.You will share relevant information based on the facts mentioned by the caller.You will perform research and analysis work in the various legal areas.You will analyze, interpret and track changes in the applicable legislation and regulations.You will take an active role in the continuous improvement of legal assistance services by developing, updating and implementing policies, procedures, standards and tools in your field of expertise.At your immediate supervisor’s request, you will participate in various projects or mandates pertaining to your field.
Desjardins Group is the largest financial cooperative in Canada and one of the country’s leading employers. It offers a full range of financial products and services and specializes in wealth management, property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, services for businesses of all sizes, securities, asset management, venture capital, and secure innovative online and mobile services.
As a Legal Assistance Analyst, you will provide telephone support and assistance to clients for various legal issues.
- Advise and assist clients on how to interpret and apply laws, regulations, standards, policies and guidelines;
- Support the more experienced professionals in your unit by performing legal research and analysis and preparing reports, opinions and summaries;
- Identify, input, analyze and interpret data to inform management decision-making and monitor the application of management policies and practices. Make recommendations;
- Analyze risks and write reports. Prepare recommendations and provide advice on how to implement them;
- Help develop, update and implement policies, procedures, standards and tools related to your line of work;
- Serve as resource person for your unit, clients and partners.
Other working conditions
- Schedule : You will be required to work in rotation on day and evening shifts and Saturdays
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on : 2020-05-04
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in law or a related field
- Two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Be a member of the Barreau du Québec
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Complexity, Decision quality, Interpersonal Savvy
1100, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)