Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent is responsible for drafting contracts, tenders and all legal documents of the Company. It ensures the application of laws, regulations and government policies affecting the Company’s fields of activity. He is also responsible for the application of the Company’s contractual rules, access to information and the protection of personal information, intellectual property, including copyrights, ethics, follow-up on the Corporation’s disclosures of wrongdoing and risk management.
- Ensures the respect and application of laws, regulations and standards affecting the Company’s fields of activity.
- Advises, educates and trains members of the Society in the application of laws, regulations, standards, government policies, etc.
- Drafts, reviews and recommends draft contracts of any kind (purchasing, professional services, leasing, administrative agreements, partnerships, etc.) or any other legal documents.
- Participate in all tendering processes, ensure compliance, answer questions, and act as secretary of vendor selection committees.
- Ensure the implementation of any measure designed to comply with the contractual rules provided in particular by the Act respecting contracting by public bodies and its regulations, policies and directives.
- Ensures the implementation of measures within the Company to ensure the integrity of internal processes.
- Participate in work related to contentious issues having an impact on the Company.
- Responds to Freedom of Information and Privacy requests and recommends any necessary corrective action.
- Ensures the protection and respect of the intellectual property of the Company, including copyrights.
- Acts as responsible for open government and open data online.
- Acts as responsible for implementing and supporting an ethical culture.
- Acts as the person responsible for tracking disclosures of wrongdoing.
- Acts as responsible for the risk management of the Company.
- Bachelor of Laws.
- Member of the Quebec Bar.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in similar functions.
- Experience in writing contracts, tenders, commercial agreements, information technology agreements, intellectual property, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations such as: access to information and protection of personal information, copyright, intellectual property, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of legislation and good practice on public agency contracts and public procurement liberalization agreements.
- Knowledge of the Government of Quebec’s tendering system (SEAO).
- Have obtained certification as Secretary of Selection Committees issued by the Treasury Board Secretariat (an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of French and English both orally and in writing.
- Great autonomy and very well organized.
- Demonstrates high availability.
- Strong drafting skills, calls for tenders and agreements.
- Stronginterpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Excellent priority management.
SOQUIJ subscribes to an Equal Employment Opportunity Program to promote the diversity of experiences and cultures within our Society. To this end, we invite women, people from visible or ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people to apply and identify themselves as part of one of these groups.