(Work place: Lévis)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11Would you be interested in an opportunity to take on a variety of complex challenges and collaborate on high-level corporate legal contracts in Canada and overseas? At DID, in addition to interacting with and influencing a large number of stakeholders from a variety of sectors, your efforts will have a significant impact on operations. Are you looking for a challenge? We are seeking an individual who wants to place their talent and expertise at the service of our international projects and our partner financial institutions.
Examples of how you could influence the course of events:
- You will oversee application of the legal framework governing DID and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries in Canada and in our countries of intervention.
- You will work in close collaboration with our internal clients, funding agencies and partners by drafting and revising legal documents and analyzing various laws aimed at protecting the interests of the organization and its activities overseas.
- You will take on a leadership role with various stakeholders related to the application of laws, policies, regulations and legal norms through analysis, recommendations and opinions.
- You will advise executive management with regard to governance, ethics and compliance.
- You will assist the team in charge of foreign investment and exercise an advisory role for integrating and considering legal aspects during investment cycles.
- Your writing skills will be put to use to develop legal documents designed for decision makers.
- Because of your in-depth understanding of our sectors of intervention and your ability to anticipate risks, your interventions will contribute to solving complex problems, provide guidance for managers during decision making and make it possible to mitigate risk and its impact on the organization.
This position is for you if…
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in law and are a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
- You have 8 years of relevant experience in private practice or litigation.
- You possess extensive experience in corporate law and investment.
- Your work experience with financial institutions will be considered a strong asset.
- You are accustomed to making complex principles easily understood in a natural way.
- Your understanding of the business environment and your client-focused approach enable you to quickly identify organizational needs and challenges within complex situations that involve numerous tight deadlines.
- As a team player, you inspire confidence and are at ease working with a variety of collaborators.
- As a capable negotiator, you are recognized for your effective communication skills, and your ability to be influential in French and English. Proficiency in Spanish will be considered an asset.
- You are prepared for occasional foreign travel.
Do you see yourself in the description above and are you ready to accept this new challenge?
By working in international development, we get to build relationships and collaborate with colleagues and partners around the world. For 50 years, each of us has demonstrated ingenuity and open-mindedness and has used DID's collective intelligence to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis while achieving professional and personal full potential.
Created in 1970, Développement international Desjardins (DID) is a component of Desjardins whose objective is to strengthen the inclusive finance sector and thus make diversified, secure financial services that meet the needs of people in developing and emerging countries accessible to them.
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
59, avenue Bégin Lévis
Legal Affairs (FG)