The Lease Documentation Specialist (Bilingual) is responsible for the development, review and negotiation of lease documentation to protect the best interests of the client.
Preparing the documentation
- Develops and maintains rental documentation templates in accordance with industry standards and requirements
- Develop lease documents, including, but not limited to, leases, renewals, sub-leases, foreclosure certificates, amending agreements and non-disruption agreements
- Write clauses to reflect the unique conditions or rights agreed between the parties
- Coordinates document registration with an outside lawyer
- Can negotiate the terms and conditions of the leases with the owner subject to a real estate license
- Negotiate estoppels, non-disruption agreements and any title modifying documentation with the owner
- Title and document review
- Examine leases and ancillary documentation to ensure content reflects agreement between parties
- Examine the title documentation, including, but not limited to, waiver, partial assignments, notices of intent, assignments to ensure that the interests of the client are protected
- Conduct due diligence reviews to provide feedback and recommendations on customer impact and ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Communicate with appropriate stakeholders to understand and solve problems
- Provides recommendations for running lease documentation and title changes
- Prepares status reports on all active files
- Other assigned tasks.
Knowledge and Skills
- College diploma in paralegal studies, law and law or other commercial real estate designation
- Bilingual English and French (written and spoken) highly desired and an asset
- 3 to 5 years experience in lease documentation within a commercial real estate brokerage firm or a real estate business environment
- Current knowledge of real estate, provincial and national laws
- Current knowledge of industry practices and trends
- Advanced ability to develop lease documentation and clauses
- Advanced ability to review lease documentation, identify risks and make recommendations that best protect the interests of the client.
- Developed negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt the communication of legal conditions and technical rental conditions according to the audience in order to facilitate understanding
Licenses and / or Professional Accreditation
- Lawyer Certification or Paralegal License