Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with human dimension.
For his legal business department, the city of Laval is looking for:
The city of Laval is in great effervescence and its territory is in full development. The Legal Affairs Department proudly deals with all legal records to the city. As a lawyer or lawyer, you act as legal advisor to the City's services.
More particularly, you will be called to:
- act as legal adviser to the city services, especially in the following areas: contract management, real estate, engineering , Development and Urban Planning, Economic Development and Environment;
- Make legal opinions, draft municipal contracts and regulations on different topics for the needs of the city;
- Manage diversified files ;
- Write legal documents of any kind for different services;
- perform legal research and ensure a look at recent developments;
- support and feed the Development of the legal knowledge of the organization.
The profile sought :
- to be a member in the rule of the Quebec Bar since at least six (6) years;
- relevant experience as a lawyer in particular in terms of representation before the courts and settlement settlement ;
- experience in municipal law is an asset.
- Demonstrate opening and motivating to work on diversified topics;
- hold good capacity adaptation and to be versatile;
- have excellent legal sense;
- be skilled to express themselves and to write in a clear, concise and precise way;
- be dynamic and capable of working under pressure;
- Be a team player.
Here's what we offer you:
- a work schedule to reconcile work and personal life;
- an established salary according to the years of experience according to the applicable salary grid;
- The possibility of working in major files without having to worry about billing or customer development;
- a pleasant, paperless work environment and an easily accessible workplace ( 1200 boul. Chomedey, Laval) Although now we are in teleworking until further notice.
The city of Laval is growing. It has more and more people, companies and organizations. This development brings great challenges and raises important issues. In 2014, we launched the Recomendon Laval approach, which made it possible to develop the strategic vision of our city: urban nature in 2035. This vision is the compass which guides today the development today. Laval. Work in the city of Laval is to believe in this vision. It is putting one's heart and ideas for the citizen service. It's rubbed dedicated people and shaping the present to build the future. You too, Take part in the change!
Apply by April 9, 2021 at
The city of Laval applies a program of access to equality employed. It values thediversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share with special arrangements, in the event of Whether you are invited to a selection process.