Come and make a difference in a modern, growing city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of large and stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For the legal affairs department, the City of Laval is looking for a (e ):
Head of Intelligence Analysis
December 15th 2017, the provisions of Chapter III of the Law mainly aimed at the recovery of sums unfairly paid as a result of fraud or fraudulent tactics in the context of public contracts (commonly known as Law 26) came into force. .
In early 2016, the City of Laval set up the “Law 26 Working Group”, headed by the Director of the Legal Affairs Department in collaboration with the Laval Police Department. Its mandate is:
- To collect data in a civilian context, to investigate and analyze the contracts for the period in question in order to determine the suppliers who have been able to commit fraudulent and deceitful maneuvers and estimate the financial impact;
- Support city attorneys in civil proceedings against companies having engaged in fraudulent and deceptive maneuvers
It is in this context that Ville de Laval is looking for an intelligence analysis manager to complete the “Law 26 Working Group”.
Reporting to the Coordinator - Bill 26 Project Manager at the Legal Affairs Department, you will be mainly responsible for:
- Synthesize the information and support the drafting of various requests to institute proceedings against companies or persons to be sued;
- Meet and discuss a with various people in order to obtain additional information necessary for the proof;
- Compile and complete the profiles of people or companies involved in deceitful maneuvers being prosecuted; map and schematize relational links;
- Comment on any reports of experts mandated to support or defend the City's position in its lawsuits.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: law or business administration, or notary or urban planning and / or a graduate degree in the fight against financial crime or any other relevant training;
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in one of the fields mentioned above including administrative investigations;
- Knowledge Thorough in (desirable):
- Relationships within the supply chain of any construction or real estate development project. For example: between engineers and contractors; between architects and engineers; between suppliers and contractors; between the various departments of a municipality (town planning, appraisal, engineering, etc.) and entrepreneurs or real estate developers.
- And / or, in the expertise requested by any rapidly growing municipality such as town planning, zoning regulations, real estate values; etc.
- And / or, in the movement of assets of companies and individuals involving jurisdictions facilitating tax evasion;
- Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent abilityanalysis, organization and follow-up;
- Autonomy, in particular the ability to take individual ownership of an investigation file;
- Sense of ethics and integrity .
Choosing the City of Laval means working for the third largest city in Quebec.
It also means working in collaboration with dynamic partners and colleagues, in a multidisciplinary framework.
In addition, we offer competitive working conditions and benefits.
You too, take part in the change!
Apply online before March 14, 2021 on the
Ville de Laval applies a program of equal access to employment. She values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to tell us about special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.