Come make a difference in a modern city, in full expansion, which is committed to its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of great stimulating projects promoting the well-being of the Lavallois. In addition to providing you with career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with human dimension.
For the Legal Affairs Department, the city of Laval is looking for a (e ):
One year contract
December 15 2017, the provisions of Chapter III of the Act mainly aimed at the recovery of amounts paid unfairly following fraud or dolosive maneuvers in the context of public contracts (commonly drawn law 26) entered into force .
At the beginning of 2016, the city of Laval constituted the "Law 26 Working Group", led by the Director of Legal Affairs Service in collaboration with the Laval Police Service. It has a mandate:
- to collect data in a civilian framework, to investigate and proceed with the analysis of the contracts of the period to determine the suppliers who have been able to committing fraudulent and dolosive maneuvers and estimating financial impacts;
- to support city prosecutors in civil procedures for companies that have made fraudulent and dolosive maneuvers
It is in this context that the city of Laval is looking for a person in intelligence analysis to complete the "Law 26 Working Group".
Raising the Coordinator - Project Manager Law 26 at the service of legal affairs, you will be primarily responsible for:
- Make the synthesis of information and support the drafting by lawyers of judicial proceedings for the recovery of the amounts united to companies or persons;
- r Continct and discuss with various people in order to obtain additional information from the evidence;
- constitute and supplement the profiles of people or companies involved in prosecution ploy; schematize their relationships;
- Analyze and comment on external expert reports related to the treated folders.
- Bachelor's degree or 2nd cycle training in one of the following areas: law or business administration, or notarial, or urban planning; and / or a diploma in real estate or land valuation, or in combating financial crime, or any other relevant training;
- seven (7) years of relevant experience in one of the areas mentioned above. above. Participation in control processes, verifications or surveys is an asset.;
- Desirable knowledge of the following aspects:
- formal processes and relationships between construction projects or real estate development. For example: between engineers and entrepreneurs; between architects and engineers; between the different services of a municipality (urban planning, evaluation, engineering, etc.) and real estate developers.
- expertise solicited by any rapidly growing municipality such as urban planning, zoning regulations, real estate or land values; etc.
- The movements of business assets and people involving states facilitating tax evasion;
- Working skills in a multidisciplinary team;
- excellent capacityAnalysis, organization and follow-up;
- autonomy, including the ability to take control of a file;
- sense of ethics and integrity.
Choosing the city of Laval is working for the third largest city in Quebec.
It's also work in collaboration with partners and dynamic colleagues , in a multidisciplinary setting.
Moreover, we offer working conditions and competitive social benefits.
You too, take part in change!
Apply online before 07 October 2021
The city of Laval applies a program to access equality into employment. It values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. For them, do not hesitate to share special arrangements. necessary, in the event that you are invited to a selection process.