Our client, an international law firm located in downtown Montreal, is looking for an Executive Legal Assistant to assist a Senior Partner.
As part of his or her duties, this person will manage all administrative aspects related to the partner's practice, including invoicing, e-invoicing, opening of files and verification of conflicts of interest, production of reports, communication with clients, coordination with case managers and lawyers while ensuring that tasks are carried out in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) negotiated with customers.
Work schedule: full-time; relatively flexible hours (9 to 5, 8 to 4, etc.); remote work combined with an on-site presence in the office every week would be acceptable.Support position (eligible for overtime); occasional overtime only.
- Provide a high level of administrative support to a senior partner who manages a large volume of litigation legal cases;
- Manage the associate's schedule, calls, emails and correspondence;
- Preparation of communications project: emails, correspondence and reports;
- Preparation of draft procedures to be completed by the senior partner;
- Create, file (physically and electronically), track and organize records;
- Check whether there are conflicts of interest when opening a new file, in accordance with internal procedures;
- Ensure that all communications with clients comply with SLAs;
- Organize and coordinate meetings between the partner and her clients;
- Organize business trips, if any, and meetings of the partner; make the necessary arrangements;
- Maintain a register of the conferences given by the partner and those in which she participated in order to facilitate the updating of her virtual file on the Barreau du Québec's website;
- Transcribe memoranda, letters and reports;
- Prepare expense allocations;
- Enter data into various systems for invoicing, time entry, etc.;
- Review and correct draft invoices to ensure that time entries comply with the specific instructions of each client (formulation, bulk invoicing, etc.);
- Offer assistance on good practices with regard to time entries (formulation, block billing) to file managers, other assistants and students;
- Classify electronic invoices and scans of draft invoices in the appropriate files;
- Send invoices to customers;
- Track customer accounts, dispute invoices on the various e-invoicing platforms and approvals, discounts and disputes of discounts, etc.;
- Provide assistance to and work closely with the firm's credit and collection officers;
- Create and update tables that list defense costs and those of third-party providers;
- Claim payments from insurers and make payments to third-party providers;
- Follow up on reporting deadlines with the team of lawyers;
- Provide additional assistance/support to lawyers or assistants, as required.
- Hold a diploma in secretarial work, a DEC in office automation combined with a specialization in law or other combination of training and relevant and equivalent experience;
- More than 10 years of experience as an executive legal assistant performing a variety of high responsibilities within a law firm ideally, or other professional services environment;
- Fluent bilingualism (French and English) with excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, and possess impeccable grammar preferably in both languages;
- Have intermediate or advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and other desktop software as required;
- Be well equipped to manage the pressure and stress inherent in work;
- Professionalism, confidentiality, tact and discretion are attributes required for this role;
- Professional and personal maturity sought;
- Strong ability to provide highly effective day-to-day support to a senior associate;
- Rigor, attention to detail and keen sense of organization;
- Customer orientation, team spirit and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility, dynamism and ability to manage a large number of files;
- Demonstrate rapid learning, proactivity and a great sense of initiative;
- Knowledge of litigation, legal terminology and familiarity with insurance law are definite assets.
Are you looking for a high-level assistant position, while remaining in the legal field?Here is a golden opportunity!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.