The Metropolitan Montreal Chamber of Commerce (The Room) account 8,000 members. Its mission is to be the voice of the Montréal business community and to act for the prosperity of the metropolis. It engages in key sectors of economic development by advocating a philosophy of action focused on engagement, credibility, proactivity, collaboration and avant-gardism. The House also offers a range of specialty services to individuals and businesses of all sizes to support them in their growth here and internationally.
What we offer?
A superb dynamic and stimulating work environment where a spirit of camaraderie and jovial reigns and where diversity is valued in the teams. You will be in close contact with an impressive number of entrepreneurs and major decision-makers from all communities. We offer competitive remuneration and a full range of medical and dental insurance. The room is located in one of the most prestigious buildings in downtown Montreal, close to Square-Victoria Metro Station.
What is the career opportunity?
Director, Legal and Corporate Affairs
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Strategy, Innovation and Corporate Affairs, the person holding This position ensures the coherence of legal and corporate affairs with the organization's strategy and its business principles.
It supervises the legal affairs of the organization and its subsidiaries. Above all, guaranteeing the interests of the Organization, it supports the operations by ensuring that the Organization remains in accordance with the laws and accompanying the development and financing projects, particularly in the field of negotiation, writing and REVISION OF CONTRACTS AND TRADE CONVENTIONS.
In close collaboration with the senior management of the organization, it also oversees the business of the company related to the boards of directors and the different committees of the Chamber and its subsidiaries. It ensures the implementation of best practices and communication strategies for corporate affairs to ensure sound governance of the organization.
The retained person will have:
- Analyze, write, negotiate, renew and maintain the contractual agreements of the different directions of the organization and ensure consistency with the established business principles.
- Provide legal advice to the Organization on all legal aspects of cases;
- Coordinate and monitor requests for amendments with project holders.
- Ensure the ongoing optimization of legal procedures and revisions.
- Perform a standby and provide legal advice on various aspects of the organization's business.
- Supervise the business of the business business and, in collaboration with the Assistant. Corporate Affairs of the Organization, Ensuring Planning, the Do cumming and monitoring of all related work.
- Ensure the continuous optimization of the internal procedures of the company.
- ensure compliance with the laws and regulations in force as well as with best practices in governance.
- Participate in the company management committee.
- All other related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in law, member of the Bar or Chamber of Notaries;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience placeCorporate, Commercial and Labor Law;
- At least 3 years of business experience as legal counsel and corporate affairs;
- experience in negotiation and drafting of contracts commercial;
- political sense, leadership and strategic vision;
- demonstrates autonomy, an excellent sense of business and an ability to provide legal advice in an environment or rhythm is Fast;
- Professionalism, rigor, ethics and attention to detail;
- Skill to popularize technical information specific to legal affairs;
- meaning of the Organization;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken French and written,
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English;
- respect for confidentiality.
Interested persons are invited to send their resume accompanied by a letter of motivation to
the deadline for the submission of applications is the 12 September 2021 .
Please note that we will only communicate with people whose application will have been retained for an interview.