Thanks to the leadership and tenacity of its members and leaders, Metro has continued to progress since 1947 and has reached with mergers, acquisitions, and innovations, a status of leader in the food and pharmacy sectors in Canada.
By its retailer, franchisor, distributor, and manufacturer activities, it operates or supplies a network from some 950 food stores under several banners including Metro, Metro Plus, Super C, and Food Basics, as well as some 650 pharmacies mainly under the Jean Coutu banners, Brunet, Metro Pharmacy and Drug Basics.
Metro acquires the Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc. In the spring of 2018. The grouping of these two large corporations creates a Retail Leader 16 billion $, in a position of choice to meet the customer needs food, pharmacy, health and beauty.
Culture and Values
Respect for the Environment
This pillar aims to stimulate initiatives whose objective is to optimize packaging, respond to climate change and better manage residual materials.
Thanks to this pillar, the company can focus on promoting well-being and healthy eating to ensure food quality and safety and to offer responsible products.
This pillar helps the company to invest mainly in the communities where they are present and guide their eff Orts to support local suppliers.
With this pillar, the organization focuses on creating and maintaining an ethical, healthy, and safe workplace and stimulates employee engagement.
Reporting to the Senior Director - Franchised Relations, the holder will be responsible to work towards the business growth objectives of the pharmaceutical division.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- prepares, submits and approve an annual action plan according to the growth objectives, business development and penetration by region, mainly in Quebec
- identifies business opportunities and recruits new franchised pharmacists
- establishes and maintains positive contacts in target markets so as to arouse The interest
- assesses the personal, financial and professional needs and objectives of persons contacted
- participates in coordinating transactions inside PJC and Brunet networks
- establishes contacts with employees to become future franchisees
- participates in the development of the five-year investment and acquisition plan
- supervises the "due diligence" before The conclusion of each transaction
- performs presentations at the senior management
- Analysis The legal contracts and commitments relating to pharmacies for sale and develop strategies to maximize the chances of successful transactions envisaged
- negotiates acquisitions according to the mandates of the direction
- collaborates, if necessary, with the service ofReal estate for the negotiation of leases, leases and other real estate agreements related to pharmacy transactions
- responds to requests for franchisees-acquirers and makes the link between them and the various stakeholders on file, When required
- coordinates the communication and documentation between the seller's stakeholders, the buyer and the legal department
- establishes a complete database of pharmacies to target.
Qualifications Required Training
- hold a university degree relevant to the function (right, finance, administration, etc.)
- have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar functions
- in business development; Possess a good network of contacts
- understanding of legal language
- experience in process optimization and setting up of performance indicators.
- experience in the field pharmaceutical (an asset)
- Good command of the Office Suite
- Good understanding of legal language
- bilingualism both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate a developed meaning of the organization and planning
- have a high sense of responsibility and priorities
- professional rigor
- interpersonal, relational profile; Skills in Interpersonal Relations, Communication and Negotiation
- Easy to develop a good contact network
- have a high capacity of analysis and a sharp sense of decision-making
- Vision strongly customer-oriented and excellence
- show leadership, professionalism and creativity
- intellectual curiosity
- vivacity Compared with what is happening in the target market
- adapt to restricted deadlines
- dynamism and team spirit
- Ability to operate in a large structure
- professional maturity
- evolutionary potential
Among the challenges of the position
- Appropriate knowledge of the pharmaceutical, network and competition (Vigie) (if applicable)
- Manage deliverables effectively, projects , prioritize the files and work in progress for profitability
- work efficient T With all the departments of the company including the following departments: Real Estate, Legal, Finance, etc.
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with franchisee
- develop a Visibility and good radiation from the target community
- Ensure a high-level customer service
Why join Metro
- Joining a growing Quebec flagness
- with annual turnover exceeding $ 16 billion, Metro inc. Founded in 1947, is the only major Canadian food distribution company to be headquartered in Quebec
- Strategic post for the organization
- Scope of the challenges of the post
- Company that offers a high-level customer service
- values conveyed by the organization
- Competent and professional management team
- opportunity for progression In the company (Successful)
- excellent employment conditions
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and our Website
Only people selected for an interview will be used. We subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle managers and superior high potential. We accompany all our customers and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice for the feminine form. .