Company: federally regulated public company
Our client, a leader in its field, seeks a lawyer with demonstrated experience in environmental law.
- Compliance with provincial, territorial, federal and international laws and regulations affecting large and complex projects and transactions, including environmental assessment processes, contaminated sites, climate change and emissions trading, negotiations with interest groups, represention of the company in environmental litigation, and training, audits and investigations;
- Advising on all levels of regulatory processes, federal and provincial project approval and permitting processes and assisting with the preparation of project approval applications;
- Providing support in aboriginal land claim negotiations and consultations with Indigenous peoples along with litigation and disputes involving Indigenous law issues.
- Proven track record providing guidance and legal analysis in a leadership role with 10 years of strong experience in environmental law, acquired in private practice and/or a corporate legal department;
- Strong business acumen required;
- Bilingual with strong English drafting skills.
Please forward your CV/résumé, in confidence, to SHORE & Associates:
Michel Ohayon: – 514-878-4777
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.