Are you an experienced legal assistant looking for new challenges?Great career development possible as a coordinator, legal support service!
The Litigation, Society and Commerce and Labour Law teams of our client are each looking for a Coordinator to assist each team. As part of your duties, you will make an important contribution in carrying out legal and administrative work.
- Ensure balanced workload among legal and administrative assistants;
- Ensure that all work rendered to lawyers in terms of legal and administrative support is delivered on time;
- Make up for occasional absences, if necessary, and take charge of the extra work as a substitute;
- Ensure that the allied system operates effectively;
- Coordinate absences, vacations and overtime needs;
- Act as a contact person for new legal or administrative assistants and new class lawyers;
- Act as a super user and resource person for the various software used by the practice group;
- Identify, measure and recommend various ways to optimize current work processes in terms of legal and administrative support;
- Remain on the lookout for any potential conflicts and collaborate with the supervisor in the implementation of solutions, if necessary.
- Holder of a DEC in office automation, a DEP in secretarial with a legal ASP or any equivalent training and experience;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a legal assistant in the targeted area of practice;
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluently bilingual (French and English) both orally and in writing;
- Experience in a management or coordination position (an asset);
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills and global thinking;
- Excellent judgment, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong skills in learning different applications and software;
- Demonstrate commitment to his/her team, in order to rally and motivate them to contribute to the success of the firm;
- Professionalism and concern to offer quality customer service;
- Autonomy, flexibility and ability to deal with several stakeholders;
- Positive attitude demonstrating openness to change and team spirit;
- Sense of organization, rigor and management of priorities.
What could be better than staying in your chosen field, while accessing a coordination and management position!
As an equal opportunity employer, Personnel Alter Ego values diversity in its workforce and seeks to ensure all groups remain fairly represented. Candidates must have the legal right to work in Canada.