(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a legal and regulatory compliance advisor, you help design, institute and coordinate the compliance framework and enforce related rules. You help ensure that oversight measures such as officer and employee behaviours comply with the organization’s standards. You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
- Assist in the launch of the various audit mandates.
- Validate the audit program at the beginning of each new mandate.
- Check whether compliance requests are complete and intelligible.
- Submit evidence to the auditors via the Archer tool (compliance module).
- Analyze compliance gaps and shortcomings issued by the auditors and develop action plans accordingly.
- Track the implementation of these action plans and inform the Compliance team of any changes.
- Coordinate the cross-sector teams in implementing their action plans.
- Make sure that operations changes comply with Desjardins Technology Group rules.
- Inform the Compliance team of any situation that is potentially non-compliant.
- Ensure compliance and security for operations initiatives.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 2
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Project delivery experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- PMP certification (an asset)
- CRISC, ISO27001, ITIL v3, CISA, CISSP and COBIT certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)