Come and make a difference in a modern, booming city that cares about its citizens. An environment where your creativity contributes to the realization of major stimulating projects promoting the well-being of Laval residents. In addition to offering you career opportunities, you will be part of a large public organization with a human dimension.
For its Legal Affairs Department, the City of Laval is looking for a:
The challenges that await you:
Under the authority of the immediate superior, the incumbent investigates and negotiates the settlement of claims for bodily, material and moral damages in which the City is involved. He establishes the value of the claims, determines the responsibility of the City and recommends a settlement to his superior. In addition, it collects the amounts due for damages suffered by the City.
- Receives, investigates, ensures the monitors and negotiates claims files for bodily, material and moral damages in which the City is involved and submits a report to its superior.
- Communicates with claimants, insurers and witnesses to obtain their versions of the facts surrounding the event for which the municipality was notified.
- Meets with claimants, witnesses, external experts and staff involved in collecting the facts, circumstances and documents relating to a complaint.
- Obtains and analyzes the documents necessary for the study of the case, in order to establish whether the municipality is responsible for the fault with which it is accused, in particular, internal or external reports, expert reports, photographs, plans, etc.
- Draft projects s communications to be submitted to the City authorities as well as payment recommendations and gives them to his superior for approval.
- Prepares documents, follows up on files and makes representations to the court on behalf of the City for court cases in the Small Claims Division of the Court of Quebec.
- Recovers amounts due for damages suffered by the City and involving the responsibility of others.
The profile sought :
- DEC in insurance and financial services or equivalent
- Must have the title PAA (Chartered Insurance Professional)
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of Relevant experience in claims settlement
- Knowledge of the municipal environment and the specificities that apply to it in terms of claims is an asset.
Ville de Laval is continually on the lookout for competent and dynamic professionals who wish to join an enterprising organization. The City is committed to providing you with a stimulating work environment! If this challenge interests you, apply online, before December 2, 2020 .
Ville de Laval values diversity and invites women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous people and people with disabilities to apply. For the latter, do not hesitate to inform us of any special arrangements necessary, should you be invited to a selection process.