Montreal - Bilingual Technical Services Specialist
We are looking for a Senior Technical Services Specialist to join the Enterprise Systems Operations team at our Technology Department Corporate, which is responsible for the operation and accessibility of Dentons Canada's technology services, which includes messaging and document management services, audiovisual services, Internet services and remote access services. We are looking for someone who likes to work in an innovative environment where collaboration is done a lot in a virtual way. The incumbent will report to the Manager, Enterprise Systems Operations and will work closely with colleagues in our six Canadian offices and offices in other countries where Dentons operates.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, has extensive knowledge of technologies, processes and service management, is critical thinking and is able to analyze the operational context. He or she enjoys working with new technologies, is self-taught and is able to provide exceptional customer service.
- Dealing with the more complex issues that the Technical Support Center team members could not solve.
- Manage basic computer hardware, such as desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, phones and mobile devices, and provide technical support for them.
- Process requests for technical support that are assigned to the Enterprise Systems Operations team or provide assistance required to resolve issues.
- Install or turn on devices needed by the cabinet members in conference rooms, such as a videoconference, customer presentation, or computer investigation, and then disassemble or shut down, as appropriate .
- Act as a resource person for other IT teams that do not have anyone on site.
- Establish, maintain, or update change management processes and other ITIL-based processes.
- Investigate incidents, document problems, and suggest solutions.
- Perform the other tasks assigned to it.
- University or college diploma or relevant work experience.
- At least two years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in the field of technology.
- Experience in providing technical services to ensure the proper functioning of desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, telephones, mobile devices (smart phones and tablets), computer hardware, firmware and software (drivers).
- Experience with remote access technologies such as XenApp, XenDesktop and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (2003-2013-2016).
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows operating system (XP-Win10).
- Basic knowledge of network interconnectivity.
- Knowledge of ITIL and other technology frameworks an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and marketsfollow.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Analytical skills and outstanding problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to deliver what is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team in a collaborative environment.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work without too much supervision.
- Commitment to protecting personal information and to ethical conduct.
- Work experience in a law firm or other company that provides professional services, an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect confidentiality and ethical rules.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should send their resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dentons Canada s.e.n.c.r.l.
* We thank all those who apply in advance. However, we will only contact those who will be interviewed.
At Dentons, we believe that diversity and inclusion play an important role in the success and strength of our firm. We believe that supporting and recognizing the talent and differences of our members enriches our practice, the practice of our profession and our communities. The diversity of our workforce opens up new opportunities for us to come up with more creative ideas and increase our efficiency, thereby improving our ability to provide our clients with the best advice and services possible. At Dentons Canada, we are committed to making our services and facilities accessible to people with disabilities. If you have special needs that we need to consider, we will work with you to make the necessary arrangements.