DEPUTY SECRETARY TO THE DISCIPLINARY BOARD
Summary Under the responsibility and secretary, the Assistant Secretary to the Discipline Council coordinates the process for disciplinary complaints against members who are representatives in life and health insurance, group insurance, group savings, scholarships and financial planning. He is responsible for the logistics of disciplinary files from the moment the file is assigned by the substitute secretary until it is closed. He acts as Clerk-Hearing Officer during the hearings and sees to the preparation and the meaning of the procedures and correspondence. He acts as a resource person between the various stakeholders.
• Organize conference calls and record minutes;
• Organize Council Hearing discipline and travel logistics;
• Hold and post the role of Discipline Council hearings
• Appoint the members of the Discipline Council;
• Assign Witnesses
• Act as Hearing Clerk, mechanically record hearings and record minutes;
• Edit the decisions rendered, forward them to the Société québécoise de renseignements juridique and the Autorité des marchés financiers;
• prepare the bill of costs;
• issue the publication of the notification of the decision in the newspapers;
• Follow up on recommendations for a training course;
• Respond to requests for information from parties,their prosecutors and the public;
• Track appeals decisions;
• Conduct various research;
• Support the Chair and members of the Board. disciplinary council in the aspects related to their functions;
• Perform any other mandate requested by the substitute secretary.
• Diploma of Collegial Studies in Legal Technology combined with 3 years of relevant secretariat experience;
• Experience in disciplinary secretariat is an asset;
• Knowledge of the life and health insurance industry, securities and financial products and services is an asset.
• Excellent command of spoken and written French and English;
• Great autonomy
• Team spirit
• Special skills required: availability for travel in the provinces, availability to work on a flexible schedule;
• Easy to write reports;
• Analytical and synthesis skills;
• Commissioner to swearing, an asset.
Do you fit this description? So apply now by sending your CV to the attention of Marwa Maslouhi
Note: In this document, the feminine gender is used as a generic and for the sole purpose of not weighing down the text