(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10The Governance and Performance Department is a cross-sector department within WMLHI’s Technology Division. It’s a bridge between WMLHI’s Business sectors and the IT sector that supports them.The department intervenes at the divisional level regarding implementation and compliance with regulatory compliance aims, and the oversight and integration of cross-sector initiatives and performance indicators relating to information security.It also assists in planning and monitoring the division’s budget and cross-sector initiatives relating to vulnerability management.The department also supports the production of executive summaries and their presentation to the Business and IT Executive Division sectors, and the architecture and execution of various cross-sector files.As a Senior Advisor, IT Risk and Compliance, you’ll lead, advise and support various stakeholders and produce content. You’ll mainly work on files aimed ultimately at divisional compliance with IT requirements. You’re proactive and able to make recommendations about the files you’re handling. You’ll apply your analytical skills and understanding of the business and the organization.Coordination is critical, so you’ll be called upon to interact with various stakeholders active in a variety of fields. Therefore, you’ll need highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others to achieve target results.You demonstrate an analytical mind while being dynamic, proactive and able to work under pressure. Furthermore, your curiosity and solution-oriented approach are of undeniable value.Lastly, your position naturally leads you to constructively challenge your colleagues, with a constant focus on organizational alignment and performance, and especially added value for the member/client.
- Plan, implement and monitor activities associated with the division’s annual compliance assessment exercises (SOC1, PCI, financial governance).
- Assist in carrying out internal and external audits.
- Challenge IT risks and exemptions relating to information security and help define the associated action plans.
- Support the assignment, processing and follow-up of vulnerabilities.
- Increase the operational teams’ awareness and support of best practices and adherence to the aims that have a direct impact on compliance results.
- Set up quality relationship channels with the division’s IT teams, cross-sector business and IT compliance teams, and security teams.
- Handle ad hoc tactical-level files stemming from management requests.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of six years of a relevant experience
- Experience in a role requiring a strong ability to accurately summarize information
- Experience in playing an auditor role (an asset)
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of information technology
- Knowledge of information systems management
- General knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for insurance or the financial field applied to IT operations
- Knowledge of PCI/SOC1 standards and IT financial governance processes (an asset)
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (written and spoken)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
200, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
Legal Affairs (FG)