(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11More specifically, as Senior Advisor, Legal Affairs, you will serve in an advisory capacity in your field, supporting senior management and decision-making bodies. You will act as senior legal counsel within the team and business units. You will issue legal opinions based on facts and applicable laws.
- Act as an expert and specialist in your field with senior management’s and decision-making bodies’ business units.
- Analyze, advise and support the organization’s units with respect to recourses before civil courts and administrative tribunals regarding complex, strategic matters.
- Issue opinions on facts and applicable laws and what actions should be taken.
- Manage or assist with different mandates or special projects.
- Represent the sector on various committees.
- Monitor compliance with applicable laws and regulations by the different sectors of the organization, and work with the compliance monitoring sectors by giving them all the support they need.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- At least eight years of relevant experience in property and casualty insurance and in a regulatory environment
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Member of the bar (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Knowledge of corporate law and governance principles (an asset)
- Experience in personal information protection and regulatory matters
- Proficient speaker, advanced knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)