(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As Legal Affairs Advisor, you will serve in an advisory capacity and work with the various units responsible for procurement, and digital and technological development at Desjardins Group. In this role, you will represent Desjardins and negotiate on its behalf with various organizations and external partners. You will issue legal opinions.
- Provide legal support to procurement, and technological and digital development teams when acquiring or deploying products and services within Desjardins Group components.
- Issue legal opinions, and draft and validate agreements that have an impact on the organization.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret applicable legislative and regulatory changes.
- Help represent Desjardins and negotiate on its behalf with various organizations and external partners.
- Coordinate mandates entrusted to external counsel.
- Help prepare files for the organization’s decision-making bodies.
Other working conditions
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on : 11-27, 2020
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- At least six year’s relevant experience, including two years in the IT field
- Member of the Quebec Bar
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency written and spoken English and French
- Knowledge of the financial institution regulatory environment (an asset)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Communicates effectively, Decision quality, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Legal Affairs (FG)